- Question: What does the $25 entry fee include?
The entry fee includes a custom Venado Grande Deer Contest hat or t-shirt. It also includes Boone and Crockett scoring of your buck. When you bring the buck in for scoring, you will also be entered in a drawing for some great hunting prizes!
- Question: Does the deer have to be shot locally to win?
Any whitetail deer legally harvested in the state of Texas is eligible to win.
- Question: Can I sign up after I kill a buck?
No, you must sign up BEFORE you kill your buck.
- Question: If I enter a deer and then kill a bigger one, can I enter the second one instead?
Once a deer is scored, it becomes your official entry into the contest. You can, however, have multiple entry forms/fees entered into the contest – only one buck will be scored for each entry submitted.
- Question: There aren’t many big deer on our place – why should I sign up?
There are over 20 categories to win in – just because your deer may not have a high score does not mean that it will not be a winner. Also, everyone who enters a deer gets put into a drawing for many other great prizes. Past drawing prizes have included deer feeders, custom knives, camouflage products, a hunting blind, shoulder mounts and much more! So take a chance and enter!
- Question: I have an official scoresheet from the Texas Big Game Awards or another deer contest – can I submit that as my entry?
The Venado Grande contest was started among our customers and avid hunters in the Central Texas area to promote the sport of deer hunting. We want to see your buck, share hunting stories, take pictures, and make you feel at home in our stores so that you think of us when it comes to all your hunting needs. With that in mind, your deer must be scored by an official scorer at Temple or Belton Feed & Supply in order to be officially entered into the Venado Grande Deer Contest. We cannot accept other scores, and our scores cannot be used for or changed due to other contests.
- Question: Do you have a separate category for high fence and low fence?
Deer harvested on high fenced Texas Ranches are only eligible for the AntlerMax Category and the new best high-fence buck category.
- Question: Who do I contact with more questions?
Temple Store – call Lindsey (254) 778-7975 / Belton Store – call Adam (254) 939-3636
- Question: Want a Question added to the FAQ?
Contact Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org